Sunday, May 18, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - May 18, 2008


So, again I am trying something new. I am trying out a Master List of Meals. Which means we will be having roughly the same thing for each meal each week. Now, I don't mind having the same thing for breakfast or lunch really. For dinner, my husband's favorite meal is any meat, mashed potatoes and corn so I plan to make that weekly and just switch the meat choices. We also love pizza and can eat it weekly. I figured a salad night would be good to incorporate. Also, with our Italian night we will be having one different Italian dish per week so that won't be the same. We will see how this works. I did get the idea for the Master List of Meals from the Managers of Their Home book.
Breakfast
Breakfast Casserole
Pancakes
Yogurt and toast
Fruit Smoothie & pb Toast

Lunch
Sandwiches
Mini english muffin pizzas or Calzones
Grilled Chicken Salad with honey mustard dressing

Dinner Master List of Meals

Stir Fry/Main Dish Salad/Freezer Meal*

Meat/Poultry**, mashed potatoes, corn and salad

Fish/Lentils/Meatless (Chickpea/black bean burgers)

Italian Night*** (also our meatless night)

Homemade Pizza

*I always have 6 freezer meals on hand to choose from, from our OAMC Cooking Club.
**This will be a choice of meat from the ¼ of a cow we have in the freezer or chicken that I got on sale or meatloaf made ahead and frozen.
***This will be a choice of Lasagna, Fettuccini Alfredo, Manicotti or Pasta Shells

3 comments:

  1. I have toyed with the idea of a master list of meals, but am afraid my family would revolt. It sounds like you have a good plan. I'm anxious to hear how it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool idea! looks like you left plenty of elbow room to keep it from getting boring

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Niki, while it sounds like it would be boring you really do have a lot of choices built in. I like this idea, need to think on this some more. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Printfriendly