Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Precious

We went through my Grandma's things last Saturday.  Now my Grandma liked jewelry A LOT!  She had so much of it.  She loved fake flowers and she liked to do flower arranging.  She loved Christmas so she had a lot of Christmas stuff.  As we went through her things we knew there was not a lot of items that were worth a lot of earthly value.  She didn't have expensive stuff.  But there were a lot of items that were just precious to us.  Some of her things that I got no one would really want but they were oh so precious to me.  I know you are going to be shocked at what I got.

I chose a pot that she always cooked macaroni in (she made the MOST AMAZING MACARONI EVER).  You can even see the imprints of the macaroni if you look closely.  I will share her recipe sometime.  It involved lots of Velveeta, butter and sugar just so you know.




And I got two of her cast iron pans that she cooked everything in including hoe cakes and skillet toast:



And I got her old sewing box.  I used one of her needles yesterday to sew some Christmas crafts.



And an old quilt that my great-grandma helped make.



I did get a few pieces of her costume jewelry as well because she loved her jewelry.

And I got a couple of her paintings.  This one hung in the "pink" room at her old house and I always loved it because of the pink tree.


These were the items most precious to me.  I am so thankful for the impact my Grandma had in my life.  I loved her dearly (as you can tell).  Thanks to you for my free therapy as well as I have talked about her since her death.

Precious in the sight of the LORD
         
Is the death of His saints.  Psalm 116:15

This post is listed at Heavenly Homemaker's Gratituesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly