First off, please don’t forget to pray for my SIL Sara and all those affected by the Joplin, Missouri tornados!Want to do something fun and productive and rewarding? How about making easy breakfast and lunches to grab and go for a whole month? I am planning on doing a freezer cooking session this week. I will also provide recipes, grocery list and assembly instructions here on my blog in case you all might want to join me. I am sharing the recipes today under the breakfast and lunch categories.
I wanted to have grab and go breakfasts and lunches because I plan to spend a lot of time at the pool this summer with my kiddos and we usually pack and eat our lunch there. Now I will be able to throw in these meals from the freezer and they will be thawed by the time we are ready to each lunch. And it is summertime so I want to keep the stove and oven use to a minimum.
- Hamburgers, leftover corn on the cob, baked beans and baked potatoes
- Beer Butt chicken on the grill (but using something other than beer since we don’t have any), salad, mac n cheese
- Big Cowboy Steaks with Whiskey BBQ Sauce and potatoes in foil packets, green beans and peaches (don’t worry the alcohol cooks off)
- Chicken or beef tacos, corn, refried beans
- Chicken and Spinach with penne with salad and
- Grilled Pizza, spinach salad and grilled banana smores
- Leftover Buffet
Now, if you would like to join in the freezer cooking I will be sharing the recipe, grocery list and instructions sometime this week.