Sunday, May 29, 2011

Menu Plan - 5.29.11

Well, I finished almost all of my freezer food from last week (making it not eating it) and I have to tell you the pancakes I made from the linked recipe were by far the best ones we have ever eaten - so said my husband.  Although I was out of whole wheat flour and had to use AP flour so that could have been the reason.  Anyway, I am going to be doing a little freezer cooking this week interspersed with my dinners so I’m not actually doing a freezer session just a little each day.  And from last week’s menu, we did enjoy our beer butt chicken.  Although, when you see the pictures, you will see just how wrong this seems. 

It started out like this and it just seemed to look wrong to me - I mean poor chicken with a beer can put you know where. 

004

But then it ended up looking like this and tasting so good.

006

 

Now onto this week’s menu:

Lunch:

For supper I am making extra for the freezer.

SundayMonterrey Chicken Quesadillas

Monday:  Spaghetti and Meatballs - freezer cooking
Pasta Sauce (double for freezer)

Versatile Beef Mix  x3

Using beef mix form into:

Meatballs

Mini Meatloaves

Salisbury Steak with sauce

Tuesday:    Best Grilled Pork Chops (double recipe marinade for freezer)

Wednesday:  Stir Fry Beef in Teriyaki Sauce, brown rice with Stir Fry veggies (make extra Teriyaki Sauce for Teriyaki Pork Chops freezer meal)

Thursday:  Leftover Buffet

Friday:  Pizza - BBQ Chicken Pizza or Chicken Alfredo Pizza or Sloppy Joes Pizza  and Strawberry Peach Slushie

SaturdayBBQ Pulled Pork, potato salad, chips, fruit salad and cupcakes

 

mpm-1

3 comments:

  1. You have a great menu planned for this week. I started doing freezer cooking a couple of weeks ago, and found it much easier for me to make double batches of whatever I'm cooking as your doing, and freeze one for a future meal. It adds up quicker then you think and after only 2 weeks, I have my small deep freezer a quarter full. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. April,

    Thank you. I too love a full freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stir fry..but I do mine with tempeh!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Printfriendly