Sunday, June 19, 2011

Menu Plan - 6.19.11


This week we are starting out with a Father’s Day Dinner - all chosen by my husband.  I think he misses my Grandma Betty’s cooking because this is a mostly fried dinner accompanied by a slice of strawberry pie (thank you Aunt Jody).  This is how much I love my husband.  He requested the fried chicken and I always have whole chicken on hand and I didn’t want to go out and buy cut up chicken, so I decided to cut the chicken up myself - get ready for a gross picture:




I will admit that I dry heaved just a little while I was doing it.  But it turned into this:




Oh yeah, that Paula Deen knows what she is talkin about (I used her recipe).  My husband loved this so much that he kept looking for a bucket that I hid, like I had bought it and tried to act like I made it.  PEOPLE - I made homemade fried chicken and now I will live to regret it because he wants it once a week.

And Aunt Jody - you already know your strawberry pie is a winner but it turned out so delicious.  Ryan kindly pointed out that I forgot to put the sliced strawberries on top like Jody does but I will remember next time.



Also, I just wanted to share with you how much I LOVE America’s Test Kitchen (Cook’s Country).  Since I don’t have cable I watch the channel Create a lot.  This is one of my favorite shows!  It is the poor man’s Food Network only so much better because it is normal food that my family will eat.  I would encourage you to go to their website and register (it is free) and you can print recipes and watch episodes from this season.  This week I am trying their Chicago style pizza.

Finally, here is what we are having at our house this week.

Breakfast:


Lunch:

  • Leftovers
  • Homemade Uncrustables and apples
  • Homemade chicken nuggets, popcorn and applesauce

Supper:

Paula Deen’s Fried Chicken, fried potatoes, green beans and Aunt Jody’s Strawberry Pie (recipe coming Tuesday)

Steak on the grill, baked potatoes, salad and corn

Mini BBQ meatloaves (from the freezer), creamy mac n cheese, salad (from the garden) and peaches

Stir Fry Beef in Teriyaki Sauce, brown rice with Stir Fry veggies (didn’t have last week)

Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza, spinach salad and Strawberry Peach Slushie

Leftover Buffet!

And Happy Father's Day to my sweet husband, I could not ask for a better man.

What are you having at your house this week?


4 comments:

  1. We love America's test kitchen, too! :) I think that show is why I don't make my meatloaf in a bread pan anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great week at your house. Thanks for the FYI on the Americas Test Kitchen show. I checked out the site and have it bookmarked to watch later. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Katy
    I try to watch every time it is on. I don't make my meatloaf in a pan either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @April
    Great! Thank you. I don't think you will be disappointed. You have a great week too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Printfriendly