Thursday, August 4, 2011

Freezer Cooking Wrap Up - Baking Day

I have a confession to make, I don't love to cook.  I like to bake, a lot.  But cooking - I could take it or leave it which is why I make myself do these freezer cooking sessions because I would rather have it out of the way in one or two days rather than doing it every night.


Yesterday, I did my baking day.  I mixed up the dough in the afternoon (Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a  Day) and my whole wheat hamburger bun dough.  I let it sit on the counter until the kids went to bed that night.  It rose nicely.

I formed the loaves (6 of them) and baked and cooled them and buttered them and wrapped them in foil.  I formed and baked the hamburger bungs.  I saved a little dough to make a pizza for today's lunch.  I started spaghetti sauce in the Crock pot and mixed up the pepperoni lasagna roll filling.  I finished up making the freezer fries.

It wasn't a lot but I only have a few things to finish up:
  • Finish using up the potatoes which are peeled and sitting in water in the fridge.  I am going to try Pioneer Woman's Potatoes au Gratin per my cousin's suggestion.
  • Finish up making pepperoni lasagna roll ups.
  • And on Saturday I will make the bacon, rice, stir fry veggies and tortillas.
That is all for today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly