Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Let's talk about yogurt, shall we?




I have made my own yogurt in the past and even my own "cream" cheese.  I haven't done that in a while.  I have just been buying organic Stoneyfield yogurt in the big container.  Although this will work if you make your own yogurt too!

My kitchen tip today is to split this big container up so it is easier to grab and eat.  It is also less expensive than buying the individual containers of yogurt.

I bought Ball's freezer containers a while back to use for my strawberry freezer jam.   Since I already had them and we had used up the freezer jam I was wondering what I could do with them. 

Now I use them as my our own individual yogurt containers.  Since I buy the plain vanilla yogurt I will throw some frozen blueberries in the yogurt in half the containers and I will puree frozen strawberries and put them in other half.

The kids love yogurt (well 2 out of 3 of them do) and this way I can easily portion it out for them and also jazz up the plain vanilla yogurt too.


tammy's recipes



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly