Thursday, March 28, 2013

Extraordinary Ordinary Fun - Erupting Indoor Snow

I found this recipe for erupting snow and some fun things to do with it.   The recipe and ideas are from "Growing a Jeweled Rose".

 Find a bin  or pan with tall sides.  Grab some shaving cream, baking soda and vinegar.

Mix the shaving cream and baking soda (I buy a huge bag of it as Sam's Club) until the baking soda is able to make a ball in your hand and not too wet.  I just put about  a cup and a half of baking soda and then sprayed some shaving cream on top of that.  If it is too wet add more baking soda.  Then go get some monster trucks and cars.


 Then I put vinegar into a squeeze bottle and it did this:


 All kinds of bubbling action!  The 3 and 5 year old played with this for quite a while.  It is not a neat activity.



But they were due for a bath anyway!

This was pretty messy but the clean up was not that bad and the kids really loved it.  I actually liked playing with it too.  It is pretty cool, kind of like moon sand.






1 comment:

  1. This looks like so much fun! I'm going to do it with my 9 and 7 year olds over the school Easter holidays. I loved reading about the other fun stuff you did this week too - the pics in your other post of your daughter's hair and nails are beautiful - my daughter would love it if I had your skills!

    Lucinda (visiting via Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Printfriendly