Monday, June 2, 2008

Update on Menu Plan Monday - Master List


I have been working on my Master Meal list. So far I am really, really enjoying it. I have everything needed to make any of the meals so I can pick which one we are in the mood for on any given day. I have started to do a cost analysis on the meals as well. I also try new meals on the weekends if time allows, but during the week I have a plan.

Here is a monthly make-up list that I can make up ahead of time to have on hand for the weekly meals:


Monthly Master List Meal make up

4 Homemade pizzas (including homemade dough and sauce)
2 batches of easy breadsticks
1 Lasagna (makes a 9x13 pan size so could actually be two 4 serving meals)
1 Manicotti meal
1 Spinach Pasta Shell (Kelly’s recipe)
4 4-servings of Chicken Fried Rice
16 Mini Pizzas and 12 Calzones
2 Breakfast Casseroles cut into individual servings
2 Baked oatmeal
4 Fruit smoothies (freezer smoothies)
2-4 lbs. Chicken nuggets
2-4 lbs. grilled chicken (portioned) for lunch/dinner salads


This is still a work in progress, but so far it is working out for our family. If you do try your own Master Meals list you can always start small by having roughly the same meal 2-3 days a week. I started by asking my husband what his favorite meals were and if he could have them on a weekly basis. You can always change up one or two things to not make it boring! Let me know if you do try it!


Check out more menu planning ideas here.

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! :)

    Blessings,
    Michele
    www.frugalgranola.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how I got to your blog...but I'm glad I did. We have also started a master meals plan. To make it a bit different I have 3x5 cards in a file with cookbook page numbers on them, each of our 3 children have a cooking day, they pick from the file that cordinates for that day. Monday-italian, tuesday-mexican, Wednesday-meat & potatoes, Thurs-pizza and so on. It helps in getting the children involved in meals without complaining about the same thing all the time. Thank you for the other ideas. I'll be back often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.K. I'm dying to know your recipe for the Freezer Smoothies...Please share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did update my "Freezer Smoothie" with the recipe. It is not scientific, but it does work. Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Printfriendly