Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Lunch is in the freezer

I have written about this before in different posts. But, really having things on hand that are homemade that I can throw into the oven or microwave really helps. I especially like the chicken nuggets and English muffin pizzas for lunches. I also have breakfast cookies, pumpkin pancakes and granola for breakfast. I have frozen cookie dough that I can just slice and bake a few cookies at a time. I have grilled chicken portioned for salads. Of course, I have actual meals in there too, but quick lunches are a big help! Those are just a short list of what freezer meals works for me. Even if you don’t do a lot of freezer cooking now, it might be worth it to invest about an hour or so each month to do a few lunch ideas for the kids. Start small and work your way up!

For more tips on this WFMW see Rocks in My Dryer.

5 comments:

  1. Good idea!

    We're lucky here. Traditional we eat sandwiches for lunch.

    Feel welcome to read my post about what works for me.

    You can find it ;;here::


    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you considered freezing "blobs" of dough instead of a roll? I used to freeze a roll, but I hated the crumbly mess each time I wanted to make cookies, let alone the difficulty of cutting through frozen chocolate chips. I use a melon baller as a cookie scoop and freeze my cookies in the balls. Then all I have to do is pull them out of the freezer and plop them onto the cookie sheet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love taking homemade goodness from my feezer. Quick AND homemade... now, you can't beat that.
    I second the comment about freezing scoops of cookie dough. Much easier than slicing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have done that before and I do like the scoops (blobs) better, but usually I'm in more of a hurry so I just make a "log roll" out of it and slice it off when I just want a few although it is hard to cut through the chips sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any time savers in the kitchen really help! Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Printfriendly