Friday, June 17, 2011

Kids Activities - Nature Walk

Yesterday I wanted to take a walk but sometimes the kids get bored so we decided to do a nature walk.  I had printed a “Spring Nature Walk Senses Scavenger Hunt” Sheet from Hearts and Trees.  I printed it a while ago so I’m not sure if it is still available.

We put the sheet on a clipboard and grabbed a pencil.

026

 

Then we went down the list.  We found a bird’s nest in a neighbor’s tree.

005

 

We smelled the flowers.

006

 

We stood in the sun to feel the warmth and then in the shade to feel cooler.

007

 

We felt soft flowers and then we felt a stick for something rough.

008

 

It actually went pretty well and everyone was excited to do something.  I allowed them to bring little bags to collect sticks and rocks and such and they really liked doing that.  I wish I would have done this sooner.  It is a fun, free and easy kids activity.

 

How about you?  Have you done any nature walks lately?  What do you do on your nature walks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly