Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer Fun

I decided to make a list of fun things we could do this summer.  Including places to go and things to do at home.  It is a long list and we might not get through all of it, but at least I have some plans.  This week you may not see much of me around here because I have my friend’s 3 kids this week for several nights.  So that is 6 kids under 7.  Should be fun!

Here is our list of must visit:

Indianapolis Indians Games on 2 for 1 Tuesdays

Children’s Museum - Free Family Night

Family Fun Day at the Park (June 18th)

Family Nature Hikes (free)

PBS Kids in the Park (free) - the Kratt brothers will be there and my son loves them (June 11th)

Downtown Strawberry Festival (I always loved going to this when I worked downtown)

Conner Prairie (I haven’t been back there for a long time)

The Zoo!

Caramel Water Park

Pizza Plus Express Train and visit the Pizza Shack recommended by Bargain Briana

Fun things to do:

make a Summer Bag - ready for fun

Make Summer Candy

Summer Park Tour

Signing up with the local library summer reading program

Fun ideas from Family Fun Magazine:

deluxe-kid-wash-craft-photo-260-FF0804HOMEA01

Deluxe Kid Wash

pinaqua-games-photo-260-FF0600FUN10A01

The Pinaqua

squash-the-sharks-games-photo-260-FF0803COOLA06

Squash the Shark

Rainy Relay

Water Works Preschool Games

Splashdown

Splash and Score

More Ideas from here.

Messy Crafts:

Driveway Graffiti

Shoot for the Moon

Bubble Painting

Color Mixing

Window Washing and "spray painting”

Leaf Scrapbook

Backyard Car Wash

Angry Birds Water Balloon Game

Nature Scavenger Hunt

Treasure Hunt

So how about you all?  What are your plans for the summer?

7 comments:

  1. Wow, these are some great ideas!! In love with the Summer Candy idea! Going to have to tweek it a bit for things to do around here but makes me accountable each day for making sure we do something together!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,

    You are much more ambitious than me. I'll have to look at some of your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the ideas. I was looking for some!!
    Have a great week. I hope you get some rest in there.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Well I just love this blog post so much and am working on my bowl of summer candy. I found another blog that did the same thing as you and has 50 summer fun ideas that I am adding that I thought you might enjoy. The blog is "The Idea Room"...thought you might like! I started watching two kids every other week for the summer and I NEEDED MULTIPLE IDEAS to help make the days pass a little more smoothly!!! 7:00 to 7:30 has been a long day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie,
    You will have to blog about your summer candy ideas.

    Ma,
    I won't get to all of them but at least having a list will help me with ideas when I need some.

    Kim,
    Thanks, I am sure you will have great ideas for your kids too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this huge list of ideas! I love the pinaqua and it's a great way to cool off on a hot day.

    I am doing a series on my blog right now called 51 Ideas to Make this the Most Fun Summer Ever for Your Family and sharing an idea a day.

    Hope you and your family have a fun summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Sue
    Thank you, I will definitely check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Printfriendly