Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Alfredo Pasta Bake



***And here is a tip about pasta.  Don't waste your money buying whole wheat pasta.  All pasta is made with semolina flour (made from durum wheat).  Go ahead, check the box of pasta you have.  I'll wait.  You will find that it contains fiber and it is not made with white all purpose flour.  I just thought you would want to know.  I do understand whole wheat pasta can contain more fiber but the taste . . .

Alfredo Pasta Bake


12 oz. pasta of your choice (I like penne pasta for bakes)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 T minced garlic (I think you could use a little more)
2 cups of heavy cream
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Boil water and cook the pasta.  While the past is cooking start the Alfredo sauce.  Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.  Add the garlic to the butter and cook for 1 minute.  Whisk the cream, salt and pepper and cheese.  Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium/low and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, or until thick, stirring often.

Drain pasta and toss with Alfredo sauce.  Pour into a greased oven safe pan.  Sprinkle with mozerella cheese.   Cook in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.  Turn oven on broil and broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is browned.  This will  make a 9x13 inch pan or two 8x8 pans (which I do and put one in the freezer).  You can add chicken if you wanted to add more protein.

Serve with garlic bread, steamed broccoli and a salad.
My thoughts:  I liked this.  My husband really liked it.  The sauce isn't super thick but that works well for a bake so that it does not get too dry.  I thought it could use a little more garlic (but I like garlic) and my  husband thought it was good the way it was.  Use your own judgement.

Tempt my Tummy TuesdaysRaising Homemakers
tammy's recipes

Beauty and Bedlam

1 comment:

I love comments!

Printfriendly