Thursday, September 29, 2011

The tough questions - Are people basically good?

 Some of you may have never heard the term apologist before.  An apologist is one who speaks or writes in defense of someone or something (source).

I want to start a weekly feature by playing a clip of the One Minute Apologist.  I am a Christian (a Christ follower) and I make no secret to this fact, but what I would like to do is be able to share with you answers for many of the common questions that people have about Christianity.

My Sunday School teacher always challenges us to be bold in our faith.  To share with others.  I want to be bolder.  A verse that I  memorized while I was in high school was Romans 1:16 - For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.  I also want to know what I am talking about when I get in a conversation with someone about my faith.

And sometimes all we have is a minute or even a few seconds.


Here is this week's question, "Are people good?":



But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, -I Peter 3:15


1 comment:

  1. When I first started reading the bible, I was greatly comforted to see this:

    Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

    It wasn't just me! God cares and He knows we are but dust.

    I think that most non-believers would think people are basically good, while believers would think not. I know the verses he quoted well.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Printfriendly