Sunday, October 30, 2011

Lord Come Quickly



It has been a year since my Grandma Betty died in a car accident.  I still cannot believe she is gone.  I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to call her and realized that I cannot.  I feel like each year that goes by I know of more and more people who I can't wait to see in heaven.

The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is long suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. -
2 Peter 3:9

We must remember that as Christians this is not our home.  Each day we wake up we need to remember that we are living for eternity.   Yes, there are things in this life that must get done.   But our focus should be on what we can do for the Lord.

We don't have a lot of time here.  We all need to make it count.  It is a reminder that I need to remember daily! 

For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.  Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.  I Thess. 4:16-18

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. My grandmother died on Christmas day nearly 12 years ago. I continue to miss her every day but I know we'll see each other again when it is time for us to do so. Remember her well and live every day fully in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's much harder when they are taken from us unexpectedly. But I'm so thankful that as Christians we will see those that have gone before us, again.
    Giving you big hugs today.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Printfriendly