Sunday, October 16, 2011

Menu Plan - 10.16.11

We have lots of repeats from last week because we ended up going out to eat (had a coupon to use up), eating at my sister's and having the bon fire so I think I only actually made dinner two nights last week (oh yea!).


Food Storage
I am trying to slowly build up a food storage.  This week I am planning on canning beef stew and chicken soup.  I am also planning to buy several gallons of water to build up our 72-hour emergency kits.

Menu Plan

Now onto my menu, as usual I keep breakfast and lunches simple.  We eat the same thing week after week for breakfast and lunch and still no complaints.  I do some things on the weekend to make it easier for the week.

Still using more of the freezer cooking that I did in my menu plan this week.

Breakfast:
 
  • Freezer English muffin breakfast sandwiches (these are a hit!) and applesauce or grapes
  • Blender Batter Waffles
  • Smoothies - my husband is our smoothie maker
  • Giant Breakfast Cookies and peaches (need to make these)
  • Clif kids organic bars (when we are in a hurry)

Lunch:

You can read how my lunch experiment (from last week) worked here.  I am doing it again this week.


I will be filling these lunches with:
  • Homemade uncrustables, grapes and carrots
  • Homemade luncheables (using lunch meat, sliced cheese and crackers), grapes and carrots
  • Leftovers and applesauce
  • Clif Protein Bars (for me)



Supper:

Check out more menus at Menu Plan Monday. I hope you have a blessed week!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Wondering if you would share your english muffin breakfast sandwich recipe? Would love to make these and freeze for my kiddos for a quick breakfast on school days. Also, do you just thaw and microwave or prepare in the oven? LOVE your site!!! Thanks,

    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Printfriendly