Friday, November 18, 2011

Gretchen's Slow Cooker Hamburger Soup

I made hamburger soup and of course I did not follow a recipe and this soup happened to turn out very good.  Trust me, that does not always happen.  I wanted to record it before I forgot it.  But I forgot to take a picture of it before we ate it all so you will just have to imagine what it looks like.

Gretchen's Slow Cooker Hamburger Soup

1 lb. of ground beef, cooked and drained
1 can of tomato paste (the small one)
4 cups of broth (beef or chicken)
4 cups of water
1 1/2 tsp. of salt
1 1/2 tsp. of Italian seasonings
1 1/2 cup of dry macaroni (or other small pasta)
1 cup of carrots (fresh or frozen)
*optional
1/2 cup of frozen corn
1/2 cup of frozen green beans


Brown and drain your ground beef.  Put ground beef and tomato paste in slow cooker.  Pour broth in and carrots.  Add seasonings and water and carrots (you can add the corn and green beans too if you want them).  Cook on low all day (6-8 hours) or cook on 4 hours on high.   In the last 45 minutes of cooking, add the pasta and stir.  Cook 45 minutes longer or until pasta is tender.  Serve with warm bread or crackers.

Freezes well too!  We did not add in the corn and green beans but my husband thought they would be good in there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly