Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Short and Sweet - 2011 Christmas Food Gifts

The food gifts I made this year was not a lot.  I just did not have the energy this year, but I did make things I knew my family loved and did not get very often.

Apple Butter and Pear Jam (and my homemade vanilla hiding in the back)

My Apple Peel Candy Jelly


My Grandma Betty's Fudge - we all love it!


PW's Cinnamon Rolls - my sister once told me to bring these to her every time I saw her

My dessert plate - to include my peppermint cookies
I think the key to giving food as gifts is to give the recipes that have been in your family for a long time that people don't get very often.  Also, another tip would be to make things you have made a lot of times before and that you know people like.  I used to make new recipes and try to give those but it never works as well as those recipes that I have made over and over again.

What food gifts did you give this year?



6 comments:

  1. Looks like you did a lot to me! And it all looks really yummy. I like how you tagged everything. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gretchen, all your treats look so tasty! This year we made Cherry Oat Scone Mix in 1 qt mason jars to give as gifts. I found the recipe and label template on the Yummy Mummy Kitchen blog. We bought the dried cherries in bulk at GFS, and had all the other supplies on hand. Hope you are having a joyous and blessed Christmas season. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Amy
    Thank you, those sound yummy! I hope you have a wonderful New Year too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Printfriendly