Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pressure cooker - its baaaaaaaack!

Do you remember the pressure cooker?  I think it may have been big in the 70's.  My grandma always used one to cook her pork roast in because it made it tender and because she wasn't a big menu planner.

I've been seeing posts about them and I thought - I need to try it.  So each week I have been using it once or twice to try things.

I had no book on how to use it but I knew how to use my pressure canner so I thought I could do it.

I have no idea the brand I have since it was my sweet Grandma's.  It is really easy to use though.

Here are some things I have done and have had success with.

Black beans!  Yes, I just took dried beans - NO SOAKING - and rinsed them and then I put about 2 cups of water in with a bag full of beans and cooked it for 25 minutes (once it came up to pressure).


Whole Chicken in the pressure cooker - this is ridiculous and so easy.  You have to try it.  I mean 25 minutes and it is done. 

Pressure Cooker Carnitas - This again was so good and so easy, like crazy easy.

Have you tried the pressure cooker lately?  If so, what should I try next?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly