Sunday, April 21, 2013

Week In Review - Life and School

This week went by and I hardly remember it.  Good thing I take pictures!

School


We were doing All About Reading with my daughter.  We borrowed it from a friend and she needed it back so we are doing something else right now.


Science is by far the favorite around here.  I use Apologia's Zoology 2 and then add in whatever fits with that week's lesson.





Here is another experiment we did about salt in the water.



I can't say enough good things about All About Spelling.  We just completed Level 1 and will start Level 2 this coming week.  I made floor letter tiles to use with it.


We started History this week too but I only was able to do one day because of our schedule.

 I am doing Math U See Primer for my preK and we are doing Alpha for my son but he is going through it really quickly.




Life

I took these two out for pizza - it was a girls only thing.


We are trying to make Saturday nights family game nights but it hasn't completely taken off yet.  We did good this night though.

Sorry!

I have no idea what game this is.


My friend's daughter came over and did Science with us so I had her surprise her mom by making her family a meal.


Our little doll

Our bigger doll

His fly gun that we bought at Bass Pro came in handy when the weather warmed up.


She helped me make the chocolate glaze to dip the donuts in.


She begged me to teach her to sew on Saturday so I thought a blanket and pillow for her doll would be easy so we made this.  I had to get her a step stool to put the sewing machine pedal on so she could reach it but she loved it.


And here is our Caleb - ever the charmer and ever the talker about poop.  Some of my family has never heard him talk so I took this video to prove that he does.



 That was a peak into our week.  How was your week?

Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers



1 comment:

  1. Wow, you packed a lot into your week! My daughter really wants to learn how to sew, but I'm clueless in that respect. I'm going to have to outsource that one!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Printfriendly