Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Begin again, again



I heard this verse today in my Bible study.  I posted it on Facebook and I'm about to write it on our white board.  God knows - He knows I needed this verse today.

In Bible study she talked about the little things - how we let the little things get us off track spiritually - things as simple as a laundry mishap.  Today I got to have that test.

My son unloads the dishwasher for us every other day.  I was in the other room and he came to me with a piece of a dish and a sheepish look on his face.  He said, "Mom, I didn't mean to are you mad at me?"

I told him I read a verse today for a time like this.  He literally asked me to read it to him.  So I read him Proverbs 24:16:
for though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again,    but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes.

I explained to him what righteous meant and how when they make a mistake - they get back up and try again.  Not to try again is to let the enemy get a foothold on your spiritual walk and rendering you ineffective.

I told him we all make mistakes but the important thing is that we get back up and keep going.  He said, "Mom, thank you for reading that verse because I make a hundred mistakes and you didn't get mad at me for breaking this and I am just going to keep going."

Oh be still my heart - hearing those words from my eight year old - they were priceless.  May I always remember this verse and use them to encourage others.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly