Thursday, September 12, 2013

Homemade Onion Powder

I had an abudance of onions.  I am lazy and don't always use real onions but I do use a lot of onion powder so I thought - I should totally dry these onions and make onion powder.

But the smell . . . was a tad overwhelming.

I thinly sliced many onions.  I had one red one in the bunch so the powder is a tish darker but whatever.


First I dried them on my $8 dehydrator that I bought at a garage sale years ago.


Then I put them in my food processor that my husband bought new a few years ago.  Are you loving knowing where I got all of my kitchen appliances from?


And I pressed the button that says "pulse".  I want to make sure you know exactly how to do this.



Until it was powdery, you know, for the powder.


Then I put it in the jar and labeled it onion powder because that is what it is.



 The end.




 

4 comments:

  1. I love me some onion powder too. I'll bet it was quite a smell, though:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're funny!:) I'm pretty sure we are still using the first ever bottle of onion powder that I bought when we first got married. I guess that's what happens when you don't care for onions and you don't cook much. Hats off to you though!:)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Printfriendly