Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Crossfit - Rope climbing, Hand Stands and Murph

For two years my husband pretty much begged me to go to Crossfit with him   I said NO WAY!  It looked horrible and why would anyone do that to themselves?  After a year I finally gave in and tried it like 4 times.  I hated it.  It was hard.  I wanted to die.  The end.

But that wasn't the end.  After another year of him asking me to do Crossfit and me not wanting to do Crossfit we put our kids in Crossfit kids.  They don't really play sports and we wanted them doing something active!  They seemed to do well and like it and then their Crossfit place (different than my husband's) started a bootcamp.

My husband started asking again if I might be interested in bootcamp since it was a good introductory way to get into Crossfit without the heavier weights.  I told him I would go if he would go with me!  And so we did - the first of January we both went to bootcamp and it worked out great because it was at the same time as the kids' workout.  I LOVED bootcamp.  I loved it.  I couldn't believe I liked it but I did.  It definitely challenged me like I hadn't been challenged before.


After loving bootcamp and going VERY faithfully (more faithfully than any other fitness program I'd ever done EVER!), my husband decided to go to the Crossfit side and not do bootcamp anymore.  I was scared but I wanted to do Crossfit too and felt it was time.

We started Crossfit in March (I think).  And since starting it I am amazed at the things I have learned!

I learned to climb a rope - something I have never done.




I am starting to learn how to do hand stands in the hopes of doing hand stand push ups.



I did a workout Monday that I never thought I would be capable of.




Insane right?  I've learned so much.  And I have to tell my husband I'm sorry for all the times I made fun of Crossfit and told him all the bad things that I read about Crossfit..  I never understood it until I did it.  Now I literally wake up excited to go workout.  Like I used to be excited to wake up to coffee and now I am excited to wake up and get to do Crossfit at some point in the day.  How crazy is that? 
I can't believe how hard it is and how much I love it at the same time.  Crossfit is for regular people.  It makes regular people - amazing people.  It makes you do things you never thought you could accomplish.  It makes me feel more alive that I have ever felt.  I can't say enough good things about it.  I heart Crossfit. 


 

2 comments:

I love comments!

Printfriendly