Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ham and Potato Soup with Grilled Ham and Swiss Cheese Sandwiches


Can you tell we had a big ham to use up?  I searched for good ham recipes and I found this fabulous soup.  It is really good and fairly easy and it is completely homemade!

The soup recipe is here.

Now I will tell you how I make my grilled cheese or grilled ham and cheese.

Bread
Ham
Swiss Cheese
Butter

Melt 1 Tablespoon of butter in a skillet.  Lay pieces of bread down in the butter.  Lay your cheese and then your ham and then top it off with your other slice of bread.  Lay a pat of butter on top of the bread.  Press down on the sandwich to flatten is slightly.  Once the one side is toasted throw another pat of butter into the pan and turn your sandwich.  Press on the sandwich again to flatten it and cook until toasted and cheese is melted.  If you are making several sandwiches as I was, put the extra ones in the oven on warm while you are making the other sandwiches.

Serve warm with the above soup or just eat it by themselves!

For more recipes check out Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace and Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly