Still using more of the freezer cooking that I did in my menu plan this week.
I should be canning green beans right now, but I have them all snapped and in the fridge so I will just finish it tomorrow. It has been a wonderful, crazy Labor Day weekend. Can you believe it is already September? Christmas will be here before we know it!
Green beans! I bought a bushel this week and will be canning it tomorrow.
|This is just some of my green beans from my garden and my tomatoes and one jalapeno pepper|
Now onto my menu, as usual I keep breakfast and lunches simple. We eat the same thing week after week for breakfast and lunch. I make a bunch of the blender batter waffles on Saturday to put in the freezer for the rest of the week. I also cook my bacon in bulk and freeze to pull out and microwave during the week.
- Scrambled Eggs, turkey bacon and peaches
- Blender Batter Waffles
- Smoothies - my husband is our smoothie maker - he experiments with new ones every week
- Giant Breakfast Cookies and peaches
- Cereal and milk
- Homemade Uncrustables (using homemade bread and strawberry jam), carrots and applesauce
- Freezer brown bag burritos, corn and apples
- Leftovers (we almost always have leftovers for lunch)
- Tacos, corn, Spanish rice
- Chicken Alfredo pasta bake and homemade Olive Garden breadsticks and green beans
- Pizza, Easy whole wheat breadsticks, Spinach Salad and strawberry slushies
- Zesty BBQ Slow Cooker Chicken, baked potatoes, corn on the cob and fruit
- Leftover Buffet
What's cooking at your house this week?