Saturday, October 8, 2011

Week in Review - Apples!

We went to the apple orchard this week.  The kids had fun playing and picking apples and I had fun eating apples freshly picked from the trees.  They were the sweetest apples I had ever eaten.  They almost tasted like candy.  They were so yummy!

And here is how are week went:

I was trying to get a picture of my little Garth Brooks in this cowboy hat

Iman and his friends picking apples

He got one!

And here is a tree with a branch close to the ground - just his size

One of the "apples" of my eye

I spent a while getting "seconds" to make us some applesauce.  I love my mill!

Here it is being kept warm so we could can it - we got 18 pints


One of the first things we do after Bible - writing

Craft project or giant mess - the kids built a "house" and then "decorated" it
Here is a picture of me, I think my daughter took it.  Seriously, these are the only pictures they seem to get of me.

And how was your week?

1 comment:

  1. Thrifty Mom in BoiseOctober 8, 2011 at 6:00 PM

    It has been canning central at our house this week too. We took a trip to the orchard and came back with apples, peaches and pulots. I've canned peaches and pears so far. We'll be doing applesauce in the next two weeks. Our pantry and freezers are full just in time for the change in winter. Your applesauce looks good!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Printfriendly