Friday, January 13, 2012

School Report - January 13, 2012

I haven't done a school update in a while because I just haven't done it but I am going to try to do better at that especially because since at the end of the year I would like to make each of the kids their own Shutterfly book about how their year went.  I also apologize in advance for the poor picture quality.  I just snapped the shots with my phone so they are not the best.  You aren't probably reading this for my photography skills anyway.

Iman - 1st grade  - goes to a really cool hybrid school - homeschooled 3 days a week and goes to "school" (or what they call the Learning Center) 2 days a week.

We are ending the semester so we have been doing a lot of math review on top of his phonics, writing, language arts and history.  He only does science at the learning center.  We reviewed subjects and predicates in language arts and we learned more about the "oo" sound the u makes when it has that silent "e" at the end of words.  We read poems and stories for language arts and looked for new words that we didn't know the meaning of.  History has moved from Mesopotamia to Egypt and now we are studying ancient Greece.  I like K12 curriculum a lot.  It also has some Bible stories weaved into its history curriculum like Joseph and Moses.  Also, my son loves Pokemon cards and I don't love them but he received some for Christmas and I don't understand them at all but they have two numbers on them.  Usually double digit numbers so my son wanted to add them together and I was suddenly all for Pokemon math!  He had a piece of paper and started adding each card's numbers.  Hey whatever makes him like math.

Pokemon Math

Time review for math

Handwriting without Tears


Miss M - 4 years old - PreK - I have done school off and on with her for a while now.  It has been more off than on for the last couple of months or so but we are starting again this week.  We are working through some curriculum I already had with some other things thrown in.  I am working on the basics right now such as writing, simple phonics, number recognition and correct counting of objects.

Working on her "I" paper

She's attempting to build a tower but that little brother keeps knocking it down:(

Little man - 2 1/2 - we are just doing things here and there and nothing specific right now although I hope to plan out more activities for him next week.  He drew some on the dry erase board and he did pattern blocks with his sister.  We also did color sorting with the counting bears but I don't think I got any pictures of that.

She is helping her little brother with the pattern blocks



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly