Sunday, June 10, 2012

Praise Report

I have so much to be thankful for - everyday and always.  Today I just want to share with you some specific things that I am thankful  for that has happened over the last few weeks.


First, you may remember that we put our house up for sale.  Selling your house is an interesting experience.  It is not easy especially when you actually "live" in your house and you have three kids and one on the way.  Having your house "show ready" is just crazy.   For some reason the people that wanted to see our house just decided and then called our realtor and we usually had less than a two hour notice.

We got really good at being ready let me tell you and I have NEVER cleaned so much in my life.  You know what though - I loved it.  I loved how clean my house was.  I loved how decluttered it was.  I loved that the kids and I could just have fun and not have to worry too much about house work.

Well, we got our first offer which was exciting but it was definitely on the lower end and we went back and forth with them until they finally walked away and I was nervous.  I just didn't know if I could go through more showings and I didn't know if we would get another offer but I needed to learn two things - trust God and trust my husband.

Literally about three days later we got a call for another showing and then two days after that - another offer!  This time the offer was so good.  It really was an almost perfect offer.  It was only $2,000 less than what we were asking (and we started kind of high anyway).  But the best part - the closing wouldn't be until the end of July which gave us enough time to have our new baby and find another place!  Isn't God good He just knows what we need and He knows the timing of when we need it.  And I have to give full credit to my husband too for being a patient and diligent man.  He's pretty great!

Onto my next praise - this past week I was put in the hospital because I was dehydrated and my fluid level was low.  It took one day of being on an IV and me drinking about 120 ounces of water but my fluid level was back up and all was well with our little baby.  When I found out I was going to be hospitalized I was in the middle of recovering the infant car seat and I was so panicked I would not get it done in time for the birth.  Again, I just needed to trust that God was in control - a lesson I am learning over and over these days!

The car seat cover is finished!

Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I hope in Him!” The Lord is good to those who wait for Him,
To the soul who seeks Him.
Lamentations 3:22-25

 

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear you were in the hospital, hope you and baby have a smooth journey from here on out! Congrats on selling the house, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Printfriendly