Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013 - My Year of Freedom

I feel like 2013 was definitely a year of freedom for me.  I started the year extremely stressed out and full of fear.  And then God stepped in.  He has changed me in so many ways.  I enjoy my marriage more.  I enjoy my children more.  I enjoy my life more and I'm learning just to embrace the every day. 

These are my favorite posts  of 2013.


Freedom from a life of legalism:

One way Love

My Philosophies They are A Changing

Freedom from status quo education:

Our Journey With Dyslexia Part I

Our Journey With Dyslexia Part II

I might have never known

I should probably tell you that I relax now
 
Freedom from first time obedience/behavior modification parenting:

Gentle Parenting

Worst Case Scenario Parenting

I can honestly say this year was not without its challenges.  I disappointed people (as we all do).  I lost some people who I loved (not lost as in death just lost as in out of my life).  I learned that even though its good to help people - you must set boundaries and I'm not good at that.  I'm learning.

Within my little immediate family though things were honestly pretty wonderful.  I'm truly thankful for that.  They are my calm in the midst of the storm.  My husband is my steady rock who loves me so much and is always there for me.  My kids are sweet and have incredible hearts.   My friends are so great and I am so thankful for them too.  My church is incredible.   My family is pretty good too.

We had lots of interesting things happen this year too.

Like our youngest son breaking his arm.



Our first and second camping trips.


 

What a year it has been!  I'm thankful for every second of it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly