Sunday, March 20, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - 3.20.11 - The In-law edition


We have my in-laws here this week (just part of the week) but we are so excited because the kids love to see their grandparents and I love to go shopping with my mother-in-law!  Here is this week's menu which has several things from last week that we did not get to.  And my mother-in-law has given me a new word of the week that we did not know the meaning of Eponymous - (of a person) being the person after whom a literary work, film, etc, is named: the eponymous heroine in the film of Jane Eyre.  I just thought I would throw that out there in case you wanted to use it in a sentence this week.  Here it is in a sentence - I was thinking about giving my blog an eponymous name but I decided that would be too vain.  Yes, I realize that was very random but hey, we could all use a better vocabulary.


Anywho onto the real point of this post - my  menu:



Breakfast:
Whole wheat English muffin, natural peanut butter, banana and milk 
Yogurt, fresh or frozen fruit and granola
Oatmeal topped with milk, maple syrup, blueberries and slivered almonds
Whole Grain waffles, blueberries, maple syrup (Saturday)

Lunch:
Leftovers

PB & J, carrots, apples
Sandwiches and applesauce

Suppers:

Sunday: 

Chicken and noodles, mashed potatoes, green beans, bread and Cast Iron Cookie Monster

Monday:
Orange Honey Garlic Chicken (using the Crock pot and whole chicken), salad, brown rice, corn and peaches

Tuesday:
Ham and Cornmeal Dumplings (using either Paula Deen's recipe or this one) - we didn't have this last week, steamed broccoli and applesauce

Wednesday:
Tacos with lettuce, onions and tomatoes and strawberry peach slushie

Thursday:
Sundried tomato burgers from the freezer (OAMM) , homemade whole wheat hamburger buns, homemade freezer fries, corn and salad
and Crock Pot Berry Cobbler

Friday:
Pizza - BBQ Chicken Pizza or Chicken Alfredo Pizza or Sloppy Joes Pizza

Saturday:
Leftover Buffet

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly