I was inspired by Passionate Homemaking's post about how she plans to do a family service night once a month for this year. She got the original idea from We Are that Family's 100+ Ways for Your Family to Make a Difference post.
First Priority: Put a monthly date on the calendar for a Family Service Night
Without further ado here is our list:
Serve at home: make each other’s beds, clean up someone else’s mess
Save loose change in a jar and give to a needy family at Christmas
Buy restaurant gift cards and distribute to the homeless on street corners.
Gather items to give to our local women's shelter
Pay for someone’s drink in Starbuck’s drive-thru. Make sure your kids enjoy the act of kindness.
Write to our sponsored child through World Vision.
One per Month:
1. Create snack packs for Ronald McDonald residents or make a meal
2. Make a baby care kit for a baby in need
3. Make relief kits for disaster relief victims
4. Write letters to servicemen
5. Collect pencils for African children
6. Make a Care Bag for a child in need
7. Fill Action Packs for the persecuted church (via Voice of the Martyrs).
8. Collect items (food and non-food) to give to Wheeler Mission
9. Send a Get Well Soon card to a hospitalized child.
10. Make preemie hats for my cousin's NICU project (kids can help cut out fabric)
11. Participate in Operation Christmas Child and pick two ornaments (people) to buy for from our local Wheeler Mission at our church.