Back to school means back to busy weeknight schedules. Between homework, activities, practices, work and class, preparing a delicious home-cooked meal can be quite a challenge, and getting started is often the hardest part. Let new ProgressoTM Recipe StartersTM cooking sauces give you a head start to a home cooked meal, and you’ll ace the dinner time routine this year!
I was given some of these recipe starters to try. I do try to cook from scratch most of the time but every once in a while I need some thing really quick so I am going to give these Progresso Starters a try.
"Progresso Recipe Starters sauces are available in five flavorful varieties that can each be used as a starter to create numerous home-cooked meals. For added inspiration, Progresso created 80 recipes utilizing this new line of cooking sauces that can be found on Progresso.com/RecipeStarters. Many of these recipes are classic family favorites, such as Bacon Mac n’ Cheese, Chicken Pot Pie and Chicken Parmesan, and utilize ingredients your family may already have on-hand."Here is what you could win:
- Two cans of Progresso Recipe Starters
- $10 Gift Card to purchase your recipe ingredients
- Progresso Recipe Starters recipe book, including 5 recipes to get you started
- Baking dish
- Measuring Cups
- Sauce Scraper
Just leave a comment on this post telling me your favorite easy meal.
**When you leave your comment make sure I have your e-mail.
You have until Thursday, September 20th at 9:00 p.m. EST to enter.
Here is this week's menu plan. You will see some repeats because I just didn't follow my menu plan much last week.
I keep breakfast and lunches simple. I do some things on the weekend to make it easier for the week. Breakfasts are usually served with fruit smoothies.
- Blender Batter Waffles
- Eggs and bacon and toast or breakfast sandwiches
- Yogurt or cereal and toast and fruit
- French toast
- Muffins - Using variations from the Master Muffin Mix from Home Joys with more variations
- PB & J (from the freezer), fruit and veggies
- Leftovers and applesauce
- Soooo Not Chicken Nuggets, carrots and grapes
- Communal lunch
- Beans and Rice
- Hot dogs (bonfire) and baked beans
- Slow cooker bean with bacon soup and cornbread (didn't have this last week)
- Creamy Parmesan Chicken Penne and a salad
- Cheesy Potatoes and smoked sausage bake, salad and bread
- Chicken Alfredo Pizza , Easy whole wheat breadsticks, Spinach Salad and strawberry slushies
- Leftover Buffet
- Chicken Bombay, rice and peas
My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie dough for the freezer
Peanut butter and crackers
Hope you have a great week! And check out more menu plans at Menu Plan Monday.
Disclosure: The information, products and ProgressoTM Recipe StartersTM gift packs were provided by Progresso through MyBlogSpark.