Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Impromptu Freezer Breakfast Session

I needed to go grocery shopping and I was trying to think of how I could save some money and then it hit me - I have 50 lbs. of spelt in a bucket, I should use it.  I have a grain grinder so I used that to grind the spelt and experimented with it.  It does well in quick breads and muffins.  I did use some all purpose flour in the yeast recipes and they turned out yummy.

I just did this throughout the day as I did other things.  The bread machine works well without me so that is something that I can do and just let it go while it mixes up the dough.  I always bake my bread in the oven though.

Here are the recipes that I used:

Blender Batter Waffles
Chocolate Chip Honey Pumpkin Muffins
English Muffins in the Bread Machine
My Favorite Homemade Bread!

 

My waffle maker - it makes thinner waffles - easier to put in the toaster

Miss M helped me make the English Muffins



Most of the food (minus one plate of English muffins)

By far the favorite item that I made.  They always go quickly.

Do you have any favorite breakfast freezer recipes?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly