Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins - made with honey and freezer friendly

I used to make all kinds of different muffins but I have found one that every one of my family members will eat and it is this one!  They love it.  I love to make a bunch and freeze them for breakfasts and snacks.  I love this recipe because it uses honey instead of sugar and it is good.



Ingredients
  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
Instructions
  1. In a large bowl combine the eggs, pumpkin, oil, honey, and water. Mix well.
  2. Stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon just until combined.
  3. Stir in chocolate chips.
  4. Scoop batter into lined or greased muffin tins. Makes about 15 muffins.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
  6. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. 
I double this and freeze them.  They are easy to just reheat for about 20 seconds.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly