Sunday, October 4, 2015

This week in review - 10.3.15


School stuff

This kid loves to read his All About Reading cards.  Then we play a game where he throws the card into a basket after he gets it right.




Here she is doing her spelling words with tiles from her All About Spelling curriculum.


He does like the games and such that All About Reading has.




We also had art this week!  Isn't the art place so cute?  We take the kids there twice a month.


I don't want to forget to let everyone know that October is Dyslexia Awareness month!   I homeschool two dyslexics and dyslexia is very common but most people won't use the word dyslexia to describe the most common learning disability!  I have a page with links if you would like to find out more.


Life Stuff

I decided that this week was "Egg Week".  My oldest two had to learn to be able to cook eggs - scrambled and fried - by themselves.  So we practiced all week and I had them cook it for me today both ways and they got some money for their completed mission.


My baby girl and I being silly.


My girls helped me snap green beans and then we froze them! 



This past weekend our little town had a community day.  Our church passed out hot cider and cookies and I helped and it was freezing!  Of course the next day it was 70 and sunny.  Indiana weather.


This kid - he had fun at the magic show during the community day.


 All in all, we had a great week!  How was your week?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly