Monday, May 10, 2010

Burrito Pie - my way

Burrito Pie was one of our top freezer meals, but I seem to make it different every time.  This time was my favorite.  So I wrote down exactly what I did (shocking right?).   Below is the recipe.



Ingredients:
1 lb. of ground beef, cooked
1 can of refried beans (or homemade)
1 - 2 cups of shredded cheese
Taco seasoning, 1 packet or 2 Tablespoons of homemade
Taco sauce, 1/3 cup (you can add more if you like)
1 cup brown rice, cooked
8-10 tortillas (whole wheat)


Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350.  Make sure your rice is cooked and your hamburger is browned.  Mix taco seasoning with ground beef into a large skillet and add 3/4 cup water, refried beans, taco sauce - cook until thickened.  Add brown rice.  Spray 9x13 pan, layer the bottom with tortillas.  Next layer ground beef, rice, bean mixture.  Then layer with shredded cheese.  Repeat layers.  Top with tortillas and then more shredded cheese.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is melted.

This also freezes very well.

This post is listed at Blessed with GraceTempt my Tummy Tuesday and Balancing Beauty and BedlamTasty Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow that does sounds yummy and the boys here love anything mexican. Thanks for the recipe, stopping by from TMTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me a lot of enchilada casserole, only you use flour instead of corn tortillas. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Printfriendly