I am out of butter. Usually I try to keep a good stock of butter for when the baking mood may strike. Inevitably, when I am out of butter I want chocolate chip cookies or brownies. I just crave chocolate. I did a search on AllRecipes.com for a recipe without butter but included chocolate and I came up with: Chocolate Pudding.
This recipe was so easy and so wonderful. No cooking on the stove! The recipe says it serves 4 but I found it only served 1 (ha).
I will re-post the recipe here for your convenience:
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk together the sugar, cocoa and cornstarch. Whisk in milk a little at a time so the mixture does not have any dry lumps.
- Place in the microwave, and cook for 3 minutes on high. Stir, then cook at 1 minute intervals, stirring between cooking times for 2 to 4 minutes, or until shiny and thick. Stir in vanilla.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming, and chill in the refrigerator. Serve cold.