Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I Am Inspired

A few months ago, I asked you to pray for an old friend named Rachel.  She is a wife and mother and was diagnosed with Leukemia.  Watching what she has had to walk through has really just inspired me.  And not very long ago, we received some news that my sister's very good friend, Amanda, was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma.  She is also a wife and a mother of two young girls and she is in her twenties.

These ladies amaze me.  I cannot even fathom what they go through on a daily basis even just dealing with life and work and kids and husbands.

Tonight really inspired me.  My sister and her friend, Angie got their hair cut "really" short in order to donate their hair to Amanda so she can have a wig made of her hair and thier's.  I know they don't think of it as anything, but it is such an amazing gift.  My sister has not had her hair cut short pretty much EVER.  Angie's hair was very long and Amanda's hair was really, really long.

Amanda had to go through chemo today so she was told that her hair will be falling out soon.  I can't wait to see what the wig looks like.  I have to share the pictures with you.  I don't have a before of Angie with her long hair, but here is an after and I think it is adorable!




And now for my sister.  You should know that my sister and I have NEVER looked alike.  She always had lighter hair, green eyes and an athletic build (she still has the last two).  Today is a different day - we now look like we are related.  She doesn't usually wear glasses, but she has them to wear occasionally and so she put them on for our picture.


Yea - we look like sisters!

And lastly, Amanda - check out how long her hair is in this picture:

And me and the kids stayed for a while but we had to leave right before Amanda got her hair chopped.  According to my sister it was pretty tough for her and I totally understand why.  Finally, I will show you a picture of the three girls who got all of their hair chopped off, one because she had to and the other two because they are good friends.




What a great gift for a friend.


Please continue to pray for Rachel and her family and also pray for Amanda and her family. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly