Monday, December 13, 2010

Panko Pork Chops - Oh yes



Wow, I have not been posting a lot lately.  I can't seem to find the time.  Fortunately you all don't depend on me to provide you with some daily dose of information. 

I do have another recipe for you.  This is a hit with husbands and kids alike.  I usually buy the thin pork chops.  I have even bought a pork loin and cut it myself into chops (then someone informed me that the meat counter will do that for you).  This pork chop recipe is from Real Simple magazine.  You may find it here.  And their picture is much better than mine.

Here it is simplified:

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Place the flour, eggs, and panko in separate shallow bowls. Season the pork with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
  2. Coat the pork in the flour, then in the eggs, and finally in the bread crumbs, pressing gently to help them adhere.
  3. Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
  4. Cook the pork until golden and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
I served this with green beans and potatoes.  It was a pretty good dinner.  It is a little work, but not much and its pretty worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly