Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Favorite Pie Crust


 This post is for the pie crust-challenged people.  I don't know if I have mentioned it in a while, but I have a go-to favorite pie crust that I use for everything that calls for pie crust.  I looked for one that used butter instead of shortening and also one that you couldn't mess up and I found one!

The original recipe is here.  You can use part whole wheat as it calls for or all white flour.  I used it tonight to make the Pioneer Woman's Turkey Pot Pie and it was good (or so said my husband).

Now I love this pie crust also for the way she does it - using a pillow case - genious!  Although I use tea towels but its the same principle.

I also half or quarter the recipe because it makes a lot!  I have frozen it and it does freeze well.  I have tried the old fashioned shortening pie crusts and I mess them up. 

With this, I stick with what works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly