Saturday, February 26, 2011

Week in Review - February

This week has been a tough week.  I am so glad I planned it as a review week for Miss M's preschool because we did not get to review very much.  My stepdad passed away this past week so things have been very crazy.  I tried to keep it as normal as possible for the kids even though I was gone some and had a lot of late nights and sleepy mornings.

I started the week with getting out the tent and tunnel that Aunt Sara got us for Christmas one year (thank you Aunt Sara we have enjoyed many days with this).


  

We were really only able to do one main review day.  We color sorted pom poms.  Miss M loves to show Little Man how to do this.



Then I printed off the review units from 1+1+1=1.  It is in her members only section.  I took the color cards and had Miss M put the correct colors in the bowls.


Then we did the number cards and with pom poms I had her put the correct number of pom poms onto the number card.


Then (still using the pom poms) I had her put a pom pom on each letter that we had learned in the last 3 weeks on the "Find the Letter Sheet".



 I bought the counting bears and they LOVE these!  Color sorting and counting.



 Tot school was short and sweet but we still did the Baby Einstein cards again.


 We did sorting with the silverware - meaning Miss M put away the silverware and I convinced her she was really just sorting it (and not working).


Daddy played this hand game at the table and everyone seemed to like beating their hands on the table.



Miss M and Little Man had fun counting the canned goods and sorting them and re-sorting them on my freezer cooking day.  (Yes, I had already bought everything and planned to do a big batch cook with a friend before all this happened).



The Iman playing a computer game.


Getting ready for his basketball game and he did not really want his picture take


 Yep, Little Man still has the paci - we keep thinking we will take it away but he looks so cute with it:)


And that was how our week went.  Even amongst sadness, God gives us hope and happiness and for that I am truly thankful.  If you don't know the hope that can only be found in Jesus, please go here.

I hope you have a blessed week in the days that come.

I will leave you with my stepdad's favorite verses:

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.   II Cor. 12:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly