Saturday, April 9, 2011

Tot School - 21 Months

Tot School

This week's Tot School was going to be more organized and much better.  I had a really good plan.  And as you know, everything always goes as planned (insert sarcasm here).

We started out this week by reading the Constitution of the United States of America.  It was just some light reading to get the week started right.  Really though, he carried this around all day one day and  he actually sat on my lap while I read a little bit of it to him.  It only lasted about three minutes, but I'm sure he is planning his career as a Statesman.


 We did some coloring with our dry erase markers.


We tried to string some pasta on some pipe cleaners but he wasn't impressed.

He would much rather run his cars through the pasta.


He did get into the scooping of the pasta though which was a start.


We tried some color sorting with the counting bears.


We did 1, 2, 3 number cards and counted the correct number of bears for each card.  I helped him a lot on this one and so did his sister.

We did more sorting with different objects.

And finally we did have some other fun.  He is enjoying riding his big brother's tricycle.  He doesn't exactly ride it yet, but he is trying.


Here is my new Tot Planning sheet.  I was so thrilled to get most of my ideas from 1+1+1=1's Tot Trays.



  This was our Tot School week.  It was a great one!  We had a lot of fun.  This has really helped me be more purposeful in teaching my little tot and I am very thankful, again, for Carissa's blog.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great week. Thanks for sharing how you use the planning sheet. It's always helpful to see how others do things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicolette,

    Thank you, I agree I always like to see how other people do things as well.
    -Gretchen

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Printfriendly