Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Jonah and Micah



This morning was one of those rare mornings that started off just right.  I actually got up at 6am (thanks to that adorable, wonderful man that I married who encouraged me to) and I was able to get my 3 mile walk in before the craziness of the day.  I was also able to take a shower, do my devotions and read the Jesus Storybook Bible to the kids.  Today's story was about Jonah.  This book really keeps the attention of all of my kids and I ask them key questions afterward to make sure they retained some of it. 

Today is the day I was getting my friend's kids and the oldest boy is named Micah.  He is my son's friend.  After hearing the story of Jonah, Iman (not his real name) who just turned 6 said, "Mom, Micah is kind of like Jonah because he will be staying here 3 days and our house is like the belly of the whale where Micah will live for 3 days." 

I thought that was pretty precious of him to make that analogy.  It makes me see that he is understanding more even if he compared our house to the belly of a whale; although, I hope our house smells better than the whale does.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly