Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A list of things I no longer buy at the store

This is a list I have wanted to start for a long time. I'm a fan of not going to the grocery store.  I prefer to stock my pantry and be able to make what I need.  This is a list of things that work for us that I have tried and liked.  It is in no particular order.

Groceries:



Homemade Vanilla
Sandwich Bread

Applesauce
Peaches
Corn
Green Beans
Peaches
Ranch Dressing
Tomatoes



Household Products:
Mirror Cleaner
Shower Cleaner
Oven Cleaner
Dusting Spray

Dishwashing Rinse Agent
"Fabric Softener"

Personal Products:




Lip Balm

To Try (soon!):
Pizza Sauce
Pasta Sauce
Ketchup

I will be adding to this list on an ongoing basis.

What things do you no longer buy at the store?  I would love to try some things out.



Raising Homemakers



6 comments:

  1. I have been making so many things from scratch myself, lately! It feels so nice to be able to say, "Oh, I wish we had some bagels - guess I'll make some!"
    I just made ketchup for the first time this week - so easy! Here is the recipe I used as a guide: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/02/homemade-ketchup-from-scratch-recipe.html
    I left out some of the spices so that it would be more appealing to my kids' palettes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thrifty Mom in BoiseAugust 26, 2011 at 8:06 AM

    I prefer to say I don't buy food at the store. Instead I buy ingredients and make my own food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found my favorite pizza sauce recipe during my last batch of freezer cooking. Pasta sauce too! If you want the recipe, just let me know! (I'll forget to come back here and check comments, so email is best.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kristi
    Thanks for the recipe link. I will check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Heidi Stone Photography
    I e-mailed you not that you wold come back here and check that I e-mailed you:)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Printfriendly