Monday, September 12, 2011

12 Goals for the week and my wrap up (September)

Thank you to Money Saving Mom for inspiring me to put my goals on paper (or at least on the computer).  I did not accomplish what I wanted to last week, but thankfully - God's compassions are new every morning.  Great is His faithfulness! (Lamentations 3:22-23)  Therefore, if I wake up and feel like I did not accomplish enough I know that today is a new day with the grace that is sufficient for that day.

Last week's goals:

Mothering Goals
1. Consistently work on Bible memory verse and read the kids Bible story everyday (ongoing). -Doing well with memorizing, but still need to keep at it.  Almost done with Psalm 1 then we are doing Luke 2.
2. Work on consistent and immediate obedience. - ongoing!

Personal Goals
3. Walk 3 miles a day 5 days a week (ongoing). - Ha - this did NOT happen and I have 5 extra pounds to prove it.  Keeping it on the list though.
4.  Wake up at least an hour before the kids to accomplish some exercise and quiet time.  -Nope, still working on this.

Home Management Goals
5. Switch out kid's summer clothes.  Limit bigger sizes to one tub per child. - Done with six bags of clothes to pass on or donate.
6.  Make homemade bread for the week. - Did not get this done either.
7. Wash, line dry, fold, & put away one load of laundry every day.  (I am not very consistent with the putting away).   - Still striving to be consistent.
8.  Get ready for birthday party. - Had the birthday party and it turned out well.
9. Make labels for school stuff and kids clothes.  - Keep neglecting to do this.

Ministry Goals
10. Being consistent in praying for my husband and children DAILY.  - Doing better, still needs work.
11. Find ways to serve with the kids.  Specifically this week - take a meal to a friend who is close to having a baby.  -  Tried to schedule it but didn't hear back from her.  Going to try again this week.
12.  Write two encouraging notes this week.   -Did not accomplish this but will work on it again this week.

This week's goals:


Mothering Goals
1. Consistently work on Bible memory verse and read the kids Bible story everyday.
2. Work on watching less TV during school hours.  Try to keep it off until 3pm.  This is more of a mom issue than a kid issue.  Too easy for me to use it for the little ones while I homeschool the big one.

Personal Goals
3. Walk 3 miles a day 5 days a week.
4.  Wake up at least an hour before the kids to accomplish some exercise and quiet time.  

Home Management Goals
5. Check into apple prices for applesauce and apple butter.
6.  Make homemade bread for the week.
7. Wash, line dry, fold, & put away one load of laundry every day.  (I am not very consistent with the putting away).
8.  Work on organizing and paring down kids clothes and change out my summer clothes to fall.
9. Make labels for school stuff and kids clothes.

Ministry Goals
10. Being consistent in praying for my husband and children DAILY
11. Find ways to serve with the kids.  Specifically this week - take a meal to a friend who is close to having a baby.  Going to try again this week.
12.  Write two encouraging notes this week, one to a missionary from our church.  Have the kids also write a note or draw a picture to include.

What goals do need to accomplish this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly