Thursday, March 22, 2012

Recipe recommendations - Tortellini Salad and Orange Cream Smoothies


As I have told you it is warm here - 80's this week and last night I did not want to cook so I made a tortellini salad.  It still involved a little cooking but not much.  My 6 year old said, "Please don't make us eat that."  But, my husband and I loved it!  I like pasta salads but I don't like the creamy ones with mayonnaise in them so I thought this would be perfect.

You can find the recipe at All  Recipes - Charlotte's Tortellini Salad.  I substituted the walnuts for pecans because that is all I had on hand and I added some chopped up bacon because bacon just makes everything better.  I also didn't use feta cheese (just regular shredded) because I don't think I am suppose to have feta during pregnancy - other than that I followed the recipe and it was a hit.  I did use the mini tortellinis because it was all I had.

Orange Cream Smoothie

2 cups of frozen oranges (I froze some that I had on hand because they were about done with)
1 cup of milk
1 cup of ice
1/2 cup of water
Drizzling of honey (just enough to make it taste really good)

Put ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.

The smoothie was so good on a hot evening and went well with our pasta salad.  I try to do fruit smoothies with our dinner as often as possible.

We thought this was a nice light meal to have on a hot evening.


4 comments:

  1. I am all about the smoothie lately. I make them every day. Any fruit or veggie I can find (barring onion and garlic) is subject to being turned into a smoothie. But- that orange smoothie really looks good! I saw some oranges on sale at Marsh, I think I'll pick some up in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so going to try that orange smoothie!

    Please don't make us eat that.....that cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sarah
    You will have to let me know what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Printfriendly