Sunday, April 1, 2012

Menu Plan - 4.1.12

I made the salad in mason jars and I have only tried them one day.  I also made little mini bowls of nuts to put on top.  I mixed walnuts, pecans, almonds and sunflower seeds.  For the first day it was delicious.  We will see how tomorrow goes.  It was so easy though!  I hope to do this every week.   My salads are layered this way (from bottom to top) - 1 T. of dressing, red onions, carrots (chopped), green peppers, celery, cooked quinoa, Romain lettuce and spinach.  The dressing is great - it is with all of the hardier veggies and they stay crunchy so far.  I don't love dressing so 1 T. was plenty for me, but my husband would have liked to have  more.  My dressing was a very simple homemade balsamic vinaigrette.

I also chopped up a bunch of fruit and veggies and put them in our trays that we have and put them in the fridge to pull out for breakfasts and lunches. 

I would also recommend listening to this podcast from Goats Milk Stuff:  How to Eat Enough Fruits and Veggies.  She gives lots of great tips and ideas.  I need all the help I can get.

Menu Plan

Now onto my menu, as usual I keep breakfast and lunches simple.  I do some things on the weekend to make it easier for the week. Breakfasts are usually served with fruit smoothies.

  • Blender Batter Waffles
  • Eggs and bacon and applesauce
  • Cereal and Milk
  • Mini whole wheat bagels and strawberry cream cheese



Check out more menus at Menu Plan Monday.
What's for dinner at your house this week?


  1. Did you know if you enter you end up at a very strange bible prophecy website. Just thought it was odd...
    By the way, I really like your salad idea. How does it taste w/the dressing already mixed in?

  2. @Sarah
    I did not realize that but thanks for pointing it out. I added some comments to my post to answer your question.


I love comments!