Friday, November 15, 2013

Week in Review - more ordinary days

This week was a pretty good week.  I tried to be a little more laid back and not freak out if we didn't get everything done everyday.  It seemed to work out pretty well.

 School Stuff

This week we worked on the continents.  I have the Melissa and Doug continent puzzle.  My girl likes to work on it.


 My little boy likes to play with the animals on it.


For the big boy I have him match up the names and locations of the continents.



We also played a few computer games with it.


I had my little guy match up the three part cards too.


I had my big guy label our big wall map with the names too.


Then I took the three part cards and had him put them on the wall in the order they are on the map.  He LOVES getting his picture taken.


These two love playing with our Safari Ltd North American Wildlife Toob.

Here they are using the frogs and turtle TOOB and my daughter said she wanted to make a habitat for them although we need to learn a little more about that.


We did a blend sorting activity that my daughter got to bring home from school to work on "ch", "sh", "th" and "wh".


People ask how I homeschool with other littles well check out the picture below - very carefully and usually we stay at the table.


I found this noun sorting activity from Montessori Print shop's free printables.


Then we did a Thanksgiving themed one with just words.



I let this little bit do some things except she did color on her hands.



This guy loves Starfall.


I also found this book about animals that I had and so my older son and I did some classification things in it.


 He still loves playing with his wrestlers in salt.


But I do make him try to do some school things with it.


And of course we did a little bacon math.



Life Stuff

This girl - I tell you what - she was wearing her daddy's army issued glasses but several commented that she looked like a hipster.

She made this little seat for her sister with a box from Aldi, a pillow and a blanket.



They built a fort for us to watch our family movie in - this was the beginning stages.  We usually "fold out the couch" on Friday nights but we did a fort instead.


Cutest little Colts cheerleader.


We went to a birthday party of a friend and she had a combined party for all of her kids so they had an animal guy come and it was so fun!!! 


My favorite:) - Daddy with two of the four kids.



We have a nightly ritual of making popcorn (I do it like this).  Our toddler is anxiously awaiting some.


I keep forgetting to tell you that you can follow me on Instagram if you want to.  I'm more active on there just because it is so much easier with my smart phone.


Hope you had a great week!

http://www.weirdunsocializedhomeschoolers.com/





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly