Sunday, March 9, 2008

Grocery Savings

I read a million blogs with people detailing how much they paid for their taco salad and how much it cost per serving, and that is all well and good. I think it is helpful. Let me just share what I am doing. I really don't buy name brand stuff all that much. I really don't enjoy clipping coupons and going to 5 different stores. What I am doing is getting organic produce (and milk) delivered to me weekly from a local organic delivery service (Farm Fresh Delivery). I am also cooking more things from scratch using the OAMC (Once a Month Cooking) method. I have also recently purchased the book, Make-a-mix: Over 300 Easy Recipes for Every Meal of the Day. So I am making homemade mixes as well. I believe we are eating better food for less money this way and I don't have to go to 5 different stores. I do have to spend about 1 day a month cooking several meals and other staples, but I would much rather do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly