Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Laundry and Learning

On this What Works for Me Wednesday I have two more things that work for me. It seems like every week my post has something to do with laundry, but I can’t help it. It is always around me. My husband bought and installed a retractable clothes line for me. Since we have a small back yard, this is the ideal solution. It goes from our deck to our fence. I definitely need one more because I can’t quite fit one full load of laundry on it, but there is something so serene and peaceful about being outside and hanging up your laundry. I don’t know what it is, but I love to do it.

One side not about that is that I do love that fresh out of the dryer feeling so I take my clothes line clothes and put them in the dryer for about 5 minutes just to fluff them and make them soft.

Learning

I started doing the Letter of the Week Prepatory Curriculum with my son. We have been doing it for a few weeks and we are both enjoying it. Well, he is enjoying some aspects of it. I really like this curriculum, because it is free and it breaks things down into a manageable schedule and the work is done for you.

The one thing I add is each week; with each letter I have him memorize a Bible verse from this book.

I will post more on this in the future after we have been doing it longer with what works about it and what doesn’t.
This is the learning poster that we set up. I still have to put the title on it, but you get the idea!

Happy Wednesday!
Check out more Works for Me Wednesday ideas here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly